Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Big boy bed

We were keeping another little boy for some friends during nap time, so I put Asher in our room in the pack and play, and gave the other boy Asher's room. A couple minutes later, my bedroom door opens, and out walks Asher. Bit of a surprise! So, hoping for the best--namely that it was a fluke and that he would forget how he did it (ha, ha), I tried putting him in one more time and telling him to stay in there. I heard a thump and a cry. Just like that, our pack and play days are done!
Since we will be staying at my parents' house soon, we decided to go ahead and move him to a big boy bed now. Then, hopefully, he will sleep on a pallet at their house with little fuss.

Here is Asher seeing his bed for the first time:

Testing it out

And now, for what big boy beds are really for--jumping!


The first night we put him in it (7/6), he got up about 3 times and came to his door (we have a door knob cover on it.) He was saying, "I get up, Mommy!" over and over again. We just put him back in his bed. I had to go in twice because he was kicking Ainsley's wall. Other than that, we haven't had any trouble. He hasn't gotten out since. It may or may not last, but I will enjoy it for right now! :-)

Special thanks to the Noels for letting us borrow this toddler bed again!

Here is Ainsley when she first switched to this bed a few months before Asher was born:

No comments: