Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hike, soup, and misc happenings

Jon and Ainsley both had MLK day off, so we decided to go for a hike at Burns Park. We intended on walking about a mile or 2, but we somehow picked the wrong trail color, and ended up walking at least 4! 4 wouldn’t take too long with just the 2 of us, but Jon carried a kid for about 3/4 of that and I carried a kid for probably a little less than 1/2. We finally made it to a familiar sight--the covered bridge. I stayed put with the kids (having a kid on my shoulders is just too much for my neck!) while Jon ran ahead with Misty. He drove the van and picked us up—our hero!

Burn's Park Hike 001

Burn's Park Hike 003

Burn's Park Hike 002

Since it was past lunch time when we got home, I was really glad I had this at home to serve:

Homemade chicken noodle soup 001

This was my first time to try my hand at chicken noodle soup, and I was really pleased with how it turned out. I made it loosely based on this recipe. I didn’t make the noodles myself, and I didn’t add corn.

--------------------------------------

And now for the misc :-)

Ainsley made these play dough creations with her ice cream shop that she got for her birthday from her friend Emilyn. She made them by looking at the pictures on the box.

Ainsley's play dough creations 001

Ainsley's play dough creations 002

No comments: