We went to Mid America Science Museum. Both Jon and I were free--we only had to pay for the kids. There were several neat exhibits, but I think Ainsley really liked going in the "Underground Arkansas Cave". While I did go through this twice, this was really a "daddy" exhibit. By that I mean that it is almost pitch black and you go through 3 foot tunnels on your hands and knees. I think Ainsley is proud that she went through the whole thing even though it is intimidating to be in the dark. OK, so I am proud I went through the whole thing! :-) Asher really liked another, shorter, tunnel where you crawl through a worm. He went around and around.
After the museum, we went to a restaurant called Burgers and More. It was good, but we were definitely craving some fruits and veggies when we got home!
Here are the kids in the lobby of the museum.

After we ate lunch, we decided since we had made the trip all the way to Hot Springs, we should make the most of the day. So instead of heading home, we went to Arkansas Alligator Farm. They gave the kids bread to feed to the animals in the petting zoo.
Here is Ainsley with some goats.

Asher after feeding the emus. Love his face!

There were also some deer and a llama.
After the petting zoo part, we went over to see the alligators.


Quick stop, and kind of a strange place, but the kids enjoyed it. To cap off our day of family fun, we had ice cream for dessert when we got home. Check out Jon's pictures of the kids on his photo stream from his phone.
1 comment:
Wow! I didn't even realize there WAS an Arkansas Alligator Farm! The things that are around that we don't even realize! It sounds like you guys had a great day! We will have to go down there sometime. Jon's phone takes pretty impressive pictures too. :) I really like the one with Ainsley and the fawn. It was very sweet. :)
Post a Comment