At the silent auction for Ainsley’s school in the fall, I bought a tea party. I thought it would be fun to do, just us girls. We scheduled it and Ainsley picked 5 girls to invite. They put on pretty dresses and makeup and got to eat little tea sandwiches and fruit kabobs on real china. They also drank real tea with milk and sugar cubes. Ainsley used the little tongs to put sugar cubes into her tea, and then she used her spoon to fish them out and eat them! They had a little fashion show, and at the end, they walked outside in their dresses and waved to the cars passing by.
The lady who owns the costume shop was very nice and very generous. We are thankful to her for allowing us to have this neat experience.
Here are a couple photos from the day. I have some of the other girls, but I only included the ones whose moms I was pretty sure would be ok with the pictures being out there since they have their own blogs.
See the tea sandwiches and fruit kabobs? What girl wouldn’t want sprinkles on her sandwich!
The parade by the street
Toward the end, you could almost see the sugar kicking in—it was funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment