The kids’ spring break was in March. It was staggered from Memphis city schools’ spring break, so we decided it would be a good time for a trip to some Memphis museums. It was just me and the kids, as Jon had to work.
We stayed with Jon’s family, so the kids got to see their grandparents, aunt and uncle, and cousins, which they thoroughly enjoyed.
First, we went to the Children’s Museum of Memphis. We timed it to get there right when they opened, to maximize our time without crowds.
The water was a big hit. We spent the majority of our time here. I don’t know exactly what it is, but I especially love this picture of Asher.
Next stop was the Kroger shopping area. This was something Ainsley enjoyed the other time we came here (Asher was tiny.) Both kids liked it this time. They get to ring their purchases up, and it prints them a receipt just like the real store would.
Here is a picture from the last time we came:
Ainsley really wanted to find the big teeth that she remembered from last time.
She looks a bit different than she did then! (I promise that isn’t the same outfit!)
If this is the only time Asher gets on a motorcycle in his life, that would be just fine with me!
Ainsley insisted that I take a picture of them in the video of flying over Tokyo so she could show Granddad. It was a green screen that played several different scenes. Notice that Asher’s green shirt blends in and gives him a floating head. Ainsley was upset because other kids kept pushing the button to change the scene before hers started, but we finally got this shot. From the looks on their faces, I think we may have been getting tired at this point!
We had lunch at McDonald’s with Granddad and Grandmama afterwards.
Next stop was the Memphis Zoo. We had a membership with the Little Rock Zoo that was about to expire, and it gave us 1/2 off entrance. This trip involved a lot of walking, but we got to see almost everything.
The kids especially liked the sea lion show and the polar bears. By far, their favorite thing was this:
Notice the progression by Asher from pulling pant legs up to complete soaking. This fountain gave them just enough energy to finish out our trip. I had an extra pair of clothes in the car for Asher.
We had a great, quick trip!
2 comments:
Hi, Corrie! How fun to look at your blog! I have your blog bookmarked on my school computer so I hadn't checked it since last school year and it is fun to see it again! It looks like your trip to memphis over spring break was a blast! Are you well? I think you guys and it always brings a smile to my face. Your kids are adorable and they look very sweet. Thanks for posting! Love, Betty
Betty--so nice to hear from you! We are well, and I hope that you are, too. I hope to get more of our summer pictures up soon.
Corrie
Post a Comment