Before lunch today, Ainsley went into the bathroom to wash her hands. When she came out, she came running up to me with her tongue out, and it was bleeding. Nothing too major--I thought maybe she bit it. I asked her what happened, and she said (tongue out, of course), "I licked the wall."
You what?!!
"Show me, please."
She took me to the bathroom, and sure enough, on the wall behind the door was a giant lick mark, like she bent down and then stood up as far as she could reach while raking her tongue along the wall.
Some things I will never understand!
During our lunchtime prayer, Ainsley wanted to pray for her tongue to get better. We did. We also prayed for wisdom to help us make decisions on what to do and what not to do! :-)
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is Nicole Whaley from Memphis (I go to church with Dwight and Josephine) and found your blog through the Channings! Thanks for this story - it made me laugh out loud! I am sorry she hurt her tongue though...and I am sorry it was the bathroom door! You have to wonder 'why?' -- Nicole Whaley
So the question that comes to mind is...."Will she really only do that once now that she got hurt?" Hmmmmmmm...... Hope the tongue recovered!
Post a Comment