Saturday, June 30, 2007

Good friends, good food

Last night, John & Jamie and Shawn & Katie came over for dinner. We had an enjoyable time talking over dinner and dessert. We talked about jobs, school, dogs (between the 3 couples, we have or are watching 6 dogs!), and many other things. I enjoyed getting to spend time with friends. Later in the evening, we played extreme UNO with Shawn & Katie (John & Jamie are taking care of some shelter dogs and needed to head home.) In spite of thinking she would never get the hang of it, I am pretty sure Katie came out with the most wins. Extreme UNO is UNO with all the regular rules plus some others that make it pretty lively. We enjoyed the time. For supper I made spinach tomato tortellini. I hadn't made it before, but I think it turned out well. Of, course, you can't go wrong with pasta in a cream sauce--Yum! We had coffee and chocoate chip cake for dessert. Thanks for coming, friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo! Thanks for linking the recipe, John has already asked when I could make that for us! We had a great time :)